Booking placed by purchase order are binding. Payment will be required in full for the number of candidates and duration of training specified on the order.
Candidates will not be accepted onto a course unless they can demonstrate evidence of compliance with the entry requirements for that course. Such evidence will normally take the form of valid certificate of competence.
Course cancellation fees as follows:
• More than 1 months notice - refunded full amount less administration fee of £60 per person.
• Between 3-4 weeks notice of course date - 70% refund is given.
• Between 2-3 weeks notice of course date - 50% refund is given.
• Less than 2 weeks notice of course date - a refund is not available.
Course postponement fees as follows:
• More than 3 weeks notice - no charge
• Between 2-3 weeks - 20% charge to change a place, unless place can be re-filled.
• Between 1-2 weeks - 50% charge to change a place, unless place can be re-filled
• Less than 1 week - 100% charge to change a place unless the place can be re-filled.
If a candidate does not complete the course then a refund is not available.
Training for work at height may involve physical exertion in conditions of exposure to height. It is essential that all candidates are physically fit and able to carry out the tasks expected of them without risk to themselves or others.
heightec can not accept bookings for courses involving exposure to height from candidates with medical contra-indications against working at height. A non-exhaustive list of such conditions is given below.
• Heart disease / chest pain
• High blood pressure
• Epilepsy, fits, blackouts
• Fear of heights / vertigo
• Giddiness / difficulty with balance
• Impaired limb function
• Alcohol or drug dependence
• Psychiatric illness / counselling
It is the responsibility of the individual or organisation making the booking to ensure that candidates attending the courses are free of any of the conditions described above or any other medical condition that could impair their ability on the training course to which they have subscribed. By submitting a course booking form, the applicant asserts that candidates are physically fit for the intended course. It is unlikely that applicants can be certain of being free of contraindications without a proper examination by a GP.
Where a course has been requested by the customer to run at a location of their choice heightec will not be liable for costs incurred for any delay or disruption which may prevent successful completion of all elements of the training syllabus e.g. bad weather.
In the unlikely event that heightec should require to cancel a course e.g. due to trainer illness, heightec will offer date options to rearrange the course at the earliest convenience or a refund. However, we will not be able to reimburse for any travel or accommodation bookings or costs incurred by the customer.
In the (rare) case of a candidate failing an IRATA assessment, we will be pleased to offer two days training free of charge, although there will be a charge for the additional assessment.
Please note: Photography within our height safety training centres and of any external structures is not permitted under any circumstances.