For the latest guidance on IRATA Rope Access, Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS) and Global Wind Organisation (GWO) certification, please refer direct to the accrediting body, see links below:
- Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS): Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue Certificates:
- Full revalidation course and registration with EUSR should be undertaken wherever practicable.
- “Candidates whose EUSR Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue scheme registration has expired, has up to 12 months after the expiry date to complete the 1-day Renewal programme. Where the EUSR registration has expired for more than 12 months, the full 3-day initial training program must be undertaken”
- Global Wind Organisation (GWO) – GWO have agreed to extend as a temporary measure until 30.06.2021:
- “Course participants who owing to a Covid-related cancellation are unable to attend a refresher course within the 24 months validity period, may refresh expired training up until a maximum of 60 days after expiry” GWO certificates will be dated from when the original expires, not the date of course completion.
- “In such cases, the course participant shall take steps to do so at the earliest possible opportunity and must prior to being admitted to a refresher course as far as practicable document to the training provider reasonable COVID-related justification for cancellation of the original planned training.”
- IRATA are not offering extension requests.
IRATA – Extract below from IRATA website. Please refer to IRATA directly for clarification if needed:
“Following the governmental easing of Coronavirus restrictions in some regions, and consultation with our Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) Chairs and TMCs, our Technician Certification Extension Scheme is being gradually withdrawn on a country by country basis“
For more information, please contact IRATA.