During the course, candidates will gain experience of narrow, constricted and dark environments (with unexpected blackout) and will rescue a colleague.
This includes the use of gas monitoring and an escape set.
For persons who require to refresh their skills and revalidate an existing in date Confined Space Entry – Escape BA certificate.
Provides knowledge and practical competence to revalidate the skills required for a person to enter low and medium risk confined spaces safely, for the purpose of carrying our light maintenance or inspection work.
During the course candidates complete practical sessions and will gain experience of narrow, constricted environments (with unexpected blackout) and will rescue a colleague.
Includes a range of practical and theoretical topics, including:
- Legal, personal, medical requirements for confined space entry
- Characteristics of confined spaces – what is a confined space?
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Types of rescue equipment
- Care, inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Gas monitoring, awareness of atmospheric hazards
- Use of confined space escape BA sets
- Safe fitting of a harness
- Use of vertical safety systems
- Use of stretchers
- Carry out a casualty recovery
- Use of gas detector
Available via our Aberdeen and Kendal Height Safety Centre or on Client Site if preferred.
Due to the nature of this course, candidates should be comfortable with exposure to dark and constricted environments and should not suffer from claustrophobia.
Arranged to order for groups only. Please call for details.