heightec’s Managing Work at Height for Construction course includes the Awareness of Work at Height syllabus, then goes on to cover pre-use checking, Inspection requirements and selection of the most suitable equipment for the proposed task.
The importance of proper selection, fitting and use of equipment is covered, together with an explanation of suspension intolerance and the importance of rescue. Practical demonstrations of each working method is given, in realistic situations of use.
Course elements covered include:
- Introduction to personal fall protection equipment & safe systems of work
- General criteria for the selection & use of fall protection equipment
- Safety harness & lanyard
- Fall arrest blocks
- Restraint systems
- Temporary horizontal line
- Selection of suitable anchorages
- Compatibility of equipment
- Pre-use checks – thorough inspections, record keeping
- Care of equipment
- Dropped objects
- Rescue planning
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Harness fitting & adjustment
- Use of energy absorbing lanyards
- Use of fall arrest equipment
- Restraint systems & edge protection
- Rescue using a pre-assembled kit
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.