The Tower Crane Rescue Refresher training course will refresh a limited selection of skills and equipment used for Tower Crane Rescue. Options are as follows:
- Constant Rate Descender device (CRD) to lower also gives candidates the skills in how use heightec’s Constant Rate Descender device (CRD) to lower a casualty to a safe location.
- The selection of anchorages, safe descent path, casualty care and the need for correct handling of a casualty who is suffering from the effects of suspension.
- Safe methods of access to the crane cab area using fall protection equipment.
- Practical exercise including the use of a casualty harness, stretcher and extension pole.
NB: The Tower Crane Rescue Refresher course is not a revalidation of the TRE9U Tower Crane Rescue course, merely a top up session to maintain competence within the team on a regular basis.
Course elements covered include:
- Awareness & understanding of CRD contents and function
- Pre-use checks of equipment
- Selection of suitable anchorages
- Abrasion and edge hazards
- Elementary pulley theory
- Choosing a safe rescue path (projections, wind etc.)
- Medical dangers of suspension
- Casualty handling
Practical skills covered include:
- Fitting a full body fall arrest harness
- Elementary use of fall protection lanyards
- Fitting a casualty harness
- Fitting a casualty in a stretcher
- Attachment to the casualty
- Raising a casualty
- Lowering a casualty
- Use of a tagline
Arranged to order for groups, please call for details.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.