Fire Awareness – (GWO Approved) course following the GWO Fire Awareness Training Standard.
GWO approved Basic Safety Training Fire Awareness course. Covers managing the evacuation of personnel to ensure that all involved are safely evacuated and accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire, or if judged to be safe, to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic hand held fire fighting equipment.
The course provides knowledge and skills required to prevent fires and conduct initial and appropriate judgement when evaluating a fire.
Course Elements Covered:
- UK and Global Legislation
- Fire combustion and fire spread characteristics
- Assessment and extinguishing methods
- Emergency plans
- Basic fire prevention
- Common fire fighting equipment found in Wind Turbine Generators (WTG)
- Pre-use checks
Practical Course Skills Include:
- Ability to assess a fire
- Selecting and safely using a suitable fire extinguisher
- Use of CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) fire extinguisher
- Use of a dry chemical extinguisher
- Use of a fire blanket
In order to participate in this course, candidates are required to have an in date Working at Height certificate.
The Fire Awareness – GWO Training certificate is valid for a two year period. After this, a revalidation of the course will be required.
Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched their new Global Wind Industry Training Records Database – WINDA. To enter onto any GWO course, trained individuals are now required to register as Delegates on the WINDA database. For more information please refer to our news article.