GWO First Aid Revalidation training course for people who wish to work in remote areas on Wind Turbine sites and may be required to administer first aid.
This one day course will provide revalidate the skills learnt in TSK2UG. Candidates will refresh the skills required to perform an assessment of the situation and circumstances in order to be able to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
First Aid training (GWO Approved) indicates that the course is approved to the GWO First Aid Training Standard
Covers the requirements of the GWO BST First Aid standard including basic life saving techniques, using a defibriliator (AED) and casualty care training. Contains practical scenarios to assess, stabilise, monitor and then finally package a casualty with the minimum of equipment.
Course elements covered include:
- Legislation regarding First Aid in the workplace
- The skills required and the role of the first aider including the use of available equipment and the recording of incidents and accidents
- Basic hygiene for first aid procedures
- Assessment of the situation and circumstances
- Assessment of the casualty including their neurological state and possible disability arising from head injury or spinal injury
- Recognition and monitoring of Hyper / hypo thermia
- The effects of Orthostatic intolerance in a suspended casualty
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- AED use and limitations
- Primary and secondary surveys
- Care of basic first aid situations
- Airway management
- Injury assessment and bleeding control
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.
View all heightec’s GWO courses.