First Aid training course for people who wish to work in remote areas on Wind Turbine sites and may be required to administer first aid.
This two day course will provide the candidate with the skills required to perform an assessment of the situation and circumstances in order to be able to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
First Aid training (GWO Approved) indicates that the course is approved to the GWO First Aid Training Standard
Covers the requirements of the GWO BST First Aid standard including basic life saving techniques, using a defibriliator (AED) and casualty care training. Contains practical scenarios to assess, stabilise, monitor and then finally package a casualty with the minimum of equipment.
Course elements covered include:
- Legislation regarding First Aid in the workplace
- The skills required and the role of the first aider including the use of available equipment and the recording of incidents and accidents
- Basic hygiene for first aid procedures
- Assessment of the situation and circumstances
- Assessment of the casualty including their neurological state and possible disability arising from head injury or spinal injury
- Recognition and monitoring of Hyper / hypo thermia
- The effects of Orthostatic intolerance in a suspended casualty
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- AED use and limitations
- Primary and secondary surveys
- Care of basic first aid situations
- Airway management
- Injury assessment and bleeding control
- Spinal management techniques
- Use of splints for fractures and dislocations
- Packaging and moving a casualty – spine board and stretchers
The GWO First Aid certificate is valid for two years. After this, a revalidation of the course will be required. Please see GWO First Aid – Revalidation. This 1 day revalidation course is only for those who have an in date GWO certificate for Working at Heights and Rescue and First Aid.
Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched their new Global Wind Industry Training Records Database – WINDA. To enter onto any GWO course, trained individuals are now required to register as Delegates on the WINDA database. For more information please refer to our news article.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.