Provides sufficient knowledge to allow a person to access and work safely in wind turbines.
heightec’s NEW GWO Basic Safety Training Revalidation Package revalidates skills learnt in the “Basic Training Standard” onshore courses.
The course package provides sufficient knowledge to allow candidates to work safely in wind turbines. The package contains the following courses run over 3 consecutive days:
- Working at Height & Rescue Revalidation (1 day)
- Manual Handling (0.5 day)
- Fire Awareness (0.5 day)
- First Aid Revalidation (1 day)
On completion, candidates will receive certification and registration in the above training on the GWO WINDA database.
Course content includes:-
- Emergency procedures
- Suspension intolerance
- First Aid requirements for wind turbines
- Fire awareness for wind turbines
- Basic fire prevention techniques
- Manual Handling
- Safe use of PPE
- Rescue of a person from a ladder
- Evacuation from a nacelle by a suitable method
- CPR and use of AED
- Airway management
- Practical lifting exercises and planning
For entry onto the course, Candidates must have an in date GWO certification in Working at Height, Fire Awareness, Manual Handling and First Aid.
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.