Provides sufficient knowledge to allow a person to access and work safely in wind turbines.
heightec’s NEW GWO Initial Basic Safety Training Package provides all the knowledge and skills required for new starters out in the Wind Industry and require the “Basic Safety Training Standard” onshore courses.
The course package provides sufficient knowledge to allow candidates to work safely in wind turbines. The package contains the following courses run over 5 consecutive days:
- Working at Height & Rescue (2 days)
- Manual Handling (0.5 day)
- Fire Awareness (0.5 day)
- First Aid (2 days)
On completion, candidates will receive certification and registration in the above training on the GWO WINDA database.
Course content includes:-
- General safety requirements for work on WTG’s
- Procedures for accessing and working within the turbine
- Equipment selection and inspection
- Restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems
- Types of anchorage in WTG
- Suspension intolerance
- Safe use of PPE – including correct fitting & adjustment of harness & correct use of fall arrest lanyards
- Ladder climbing
- Evacuation from the nacelle
- CPR and use of AED
- Airway management
Revalidation package is also available. Please see GWO Basic Safety Revalidation Training Package.
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.