The Industrial Climber course is intended to give initial knowledge for persons who will be expected to work within a defined safe system of work.
This Industrial Climbing and Rigging training course is for both companies and individuals working in the telecommunications industry that are required to climb and rig antenna systems.
Comprehensive industrial climbing and rigging course providing a balance between information provided and the practical skills enforced.
This course covers several module areas over a five day period.
Course elements covered include:
- Industrial climbing – work at height foundation and emergency and tower rescue procedures*
- Advanced climbing techniques (ladder and structure)
- Roof Safety*
- RF (Radio Frequency) Hazards*
- Rigging and Light Lifting*
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Safe use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Proper execution of simulated work task
- Competent rescue of a casualty from a structure – this includes lowering of a casualty as well as competent rescue of a casualty.
- Ensuring the safety of trainees as well as others
- Use of SWL (Safe Working Load) WLL (Working Load Limit) safe systems for lifting
- Demonstration of rooftop hazards
- RF hazard awareness overview
*Tower Climbing and Rescue, Rigging & Light Lifting and Roof Safety & RF Hazards are ARQIVA Gateway approved elements for access to their Gateway scheme.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THE TOWER RESCUE ELEMENT WILL REQUIRE REVALIDATION ANNUALLY.