Provides skills for inspecting PPE for work at height. After the course the candidates will be able to carry out thorough examinations of equipment and keep traceable records of this.
The Inspection of PPE – Competent Person course explains the similarities and differences between the regulations listed above and provides detailed information on criteria for inspecting individual equipment, record keeping, marking and traceability.
Practical experience on this Inspection of PPE – Competent Person course is provided in inspecting and assessing the condition of PPE for work at height.
Candidates learn the requirements for obsolescence, care and maintenance for a range of personal equipment and are taught specific inspection criteria for each category of product.
The different requirements for metal and textile items is explained, together with the need for adequate documentation and record keeping required to satisfy the regulations.
On completion of the Inspection of PPE course, candidates will be competent to carry out thorough examinations of equipment and keep traceable records of this under LOLER and WaH regulations.
Course elements covered include:
- Characteristics of Fall Protection equipment for restraint, positioning and arrest
- Considerations for safe use
- Legislation and the need for inspection
- Compatibility of system components
- Storage, cleaning and maintenance
- Pre-use checking of equipment
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Understanding critical defects
- Methods of inspection for textile and metal items
- Methods of recording
- Carrying out inspections according to BS 8437 checklists
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.