Entry level course covering a wide range of working locations. Recommended for candidates who wish to enter the industry as rope access subcontractors.
This IRATA Rope Access Characteristics of a safe system of work, including equipment, legal requirements, objective hazards, risk assessment and method statements, conformity and certification, inspection, emergency considerations and rescue procedures.
Basic principles of movement on ropes – ascent, descent, changing from ascent to descent, changing from rope to rope, crossing a knot, aid climbing and traversing, passing re-anchors and deviations. Use of a back-up system, elementary rigging and rope management and elementary rescue are also principles covered within this training course.
The IRATA Rope Access Technician 5 day course covers:
- The characteristics of a safe system of work
- Rope access equipment,
- Legislation, hazards, risk assessment and method statements
- Equipment conformity,certification and inspection
- Emergency and rescue procedures
The IRATA Rope Access Technician course also covers the basic principles of movement on ropes:
- Ascent & descent
- Changing from ascent to descent
- Changing from rope to rope
- Passing a knot
- Aid climbing and traversing
- Passing re-anchors and deviations
- Use of a back-up system
- Elementary rigging and rope management
- Elementary rescue
Rope Access techniques can be used in a wide range of onshore and offshore activities:
- To carry out theatre and concert rigging
- Maintenance and repair work
- Surveyng and NDT (non-destructive testing)
- Construction and groundworks
- Window cleaning
- Wind turbine blade cleaning and maintenance
It is advantageous if rope access technicians have an additional trade qualification to compliment their IRATA Rope Access Technician qualification.
ACWAHT (Advisory Committee for Work at Height Training) syllabus is also covered in this course.
We offer the IRATA Rope Access Technician training courses at our Aberdeen, Birmingham, Leeds, Kendal and London training centres.
You can take your re-assessment early. If a technician undertakes a re-assessment at the same level up to six months before their current expiry date his new expiry date will be 3 years from the last assessment expiry date.
Please contact us for more information about re-assessment.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.