Advanced course for candidates who already have a rope access qualification and significant work experience.
This is an advanced rope access course for candidates who already have a rope access qualification and significant work experience. It is designed for individuals supervising non-hazardous work tasks in straightforward environments with vertical, simple drops.
This ISO Rope Access Supervisor course is based broadly on the requirements of BS ISO 22846 for the purpose of undertaking rope access classified as “simple”.
The ISO Rope Access Supervisor course covers applicable legislation, competence in inspection and care of equipment, casualty care, risk assessments, method statements and site management requirements.
A full range of technical and / or complex access and rigging techniques are covered, including fall protection methods, advanced rescue techniques, lead climbing and pulley systems.
After completing this course individuals should be able to:
- Ensure personnel, supervision and work equipment are appropriate
- Rescue – plan for any rescue for a particular work situation.
- Store, care for and maintain equipment
- Implement procedures for selection, inspection and care of equipment
- Implement procedures, method statements, work plans
- Have a general understanding of legal requirements
- Complete risk assessments on site
- Properly manage all access and work equipment on site.
- Inspection of equipment; detailed / thorough / formal / documented
- Manage rescue for specified work site
- Supervise rigging of ropes
- Implement method statement set out by manager.
Available for group bookings or special arrangement only – please call for details.
ISO Rope Access Supervisor Revalidation course is available.