Suitable for all persons working at height. Theory and practical sessions including lowering and raising of a casualty.
Our Rescue After a Fall in the Entertainment Industry course includes the selection of suitable anchor points, awareness of possible hazards, methods of operation of rope devices and methods of control during lowering or raising operations.
This half day course covers all aspects of suspension syncope (trauma), including methods of minimising the effect on the casualty and how to handle the casualty when they have been recovered to a safe place
Our Rescue After a Fall in the Entertainment Industry course covers:
- Awareness and understanding of the RescuePack contents and function
- Pre-use check of equipment
- Elementary pulley theory, as well as redirection
- Recovery of a casualty suspended from a lanyard and fall arrest block
- Medical dangers to suspended persons – suspension intolerance
- Casualty handling
- Abrasion and edge hazards
- Specific issues related to working on trusses and Tallescopes
The practical skills covered in this course include:
- Attachment to the casualty
- Lowering a casualty
- Raising a casualty
- Recovery of a casualty suspended from a lanyard and a fall arrest block
- Use of redirection pulleys to allow remote lifting / lowering.
- Casualty handling.
The Rescue After A Fall in the Entertainment Industry course certificate is valid for a three year period. After this, a revalidation of the course will be required.