A detailed syllabus for rope rescue, with content focussed on dealing with complex scenarios and detailed procedures.
Rope Rescue Supervisor – Reval course provides the skills and knowledge required to revalidate the Rope rescue Supervisor qualification.
Theoretical content includes requirements of BS7985 and draft working document ISO22846-2. Characteristics of s safe system of work, including equipment, legal requirements, objective hazards, risk assessment, conformity and certification, inspection, emergency considerations and rescue procedures.
Practical content includes requirements of ISO22846-2.Basic principles of movement on ropes – ascent, descent, changing from ascent to descent, changing from rope to rope, use of a back up system, elementary rigging and rope management, complex rescues.
Course elements covered include:
- Ensure personnel, supervision and equipment are suitable for task
- Rescue plan for any rescue of team personnel
- Understand risk associated with rope rescue situations
- Have a general understanding of legal requirements
- Create method statements for common rescue scenario
- Supervise inexperienced team members
- Manage communication within the team
Practical course elements include:
- Ascent and descent
- Pass a re-anchor
- Pass a deviation
- Rope to rope transfers
- Passing a knot
- Advanced rescue rigging
- Rescue of casualty in descent and ascent
- hauling and lowering systems
- Stretcher handling
- Tensioned line systems
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.