People using Vertical fixed ladders to access roofs.
Rooftop Ladder Access and Recovery training course is intended for people using fixed vertical ladders to access roofs.
Training is given in the basic use of fall protection equipment. This enables the user to create a safe system of work when climbing fixed Vertical ladders.
This one day course also provides and practices the basic rescue procedures to be used if somebody fell or became incapacitated whilst climbing vertical fixed ladders to access a roof.
Rooftop Ladder Access and Recovery training course provides information on potential hazards with discussion of permanent and temporary methods of fall protection.
Course elements covered include:
- Overview of relevant legislation for work at height
- Overview of methods of fall protection
- Overview of safe systems of work
- Pre-use inspection requirements
- Fall factors
- Suitable anchorages
- Rescue procedures
- Harness suspension intolerance
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Harness fitting
- Pre-use checking of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Correct attachment and use of twin tailed lanyards
- Anchor selection
- Restraint equipment use
- Fixed and temporary vertical fall arrest systems
- Correct use of rescue equipment
ACWAHT (Advisory Committee for Work at Height Training) syllabus is also covered in this course.
This course is vaid for two years, after which candidates will need to revalidate their certificate.