The Rope Access for Tall Structures course is designed for those who have specific trade skills but wish to use rope access as a method of gaining access to their worksite on towers or tall structures. After the course candidates will be able to set up their own suspension system.
This course is based broadly on the requirements of BS ISO 22846 for the purpose of undertaking rope access classified as “simple”. Characteristics of a safe system of work, including equipment, legal requirements, objective hazards, risk assessment and method statements, conformity and certification, inspection, emergency considerations and rescue procedures.
Rope Access for Tall Structures training course provides basic principles of movement on ropes – ascent, descent, changing from ascent to descent, passing a deviation, use of a back-up system, elementary rigging and rope management, elementary rescue.
NB: The pre-requisite for the course is a suitable in date Tower Climbing and Rescue certification, for example, TTS2U.
Course elements covered include:
- Select suitable equipment, understand specifications
- Understand risks from different access methods
- Understand risks arising from the work task, work situations
- Control all hazards e.g. from use of tools or falling objects
- Maintain, communication, exclusion zones etc.
- Understand worksite rescue plan
- Inspection, care and maintenance of equipment
- Understand work task as defined
- Carry out simple rigging
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Equipment fitting and pre-use checks
- Use of backup system
- Safe approach to point of descent or ascent
- Methods of descent and ascent, change from descent to ascent and back
- Elementary rigging, rope management
- Install and pass a deviation
- Simple vertical rescue by descent
- Selection of anchor points
- Experience of rigging and movement in specific work environment
Available for group bookings or special arrangement only – please call for details.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.