Anchor Fixing & Testing training course explaining the manufacturing requirements given in BS EN 795 including information on the various classes of permanent anchors.
Practical sessions allow the fixing of various types of resin, through fixing and expansion anchors, together with methods of testing as defined in BS 7883.
Course elements covered include:
- Relevant legislation – BS 7883, EN 795
- Common substrate types
- Commercially available anchors
- Specification of fixing substrate
- Anchor type selection
- Hole depths and edge distances
- Safe working methods during installation
- Anchor fixing techniques
- Methods of testing the fixing
- Certification and record keeping
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Drilling & cleaning a hole
- Installing a range of fixings into a base material
- Testing the strength of the fixing
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
This one day course requires candidates to revalidate their certificate after three years.
Arranged to order for groups only. Please call for details.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.