Use of Portable Abrasive Wheels course covers the legislation and definition of Abrasive Wheels Regulations 1970 and the subsequent Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
Covers selection and marking of abrasive wheels, pre-use checks, mounting and safe use.
Course elements covered include:
- Definition of Abrasive wheels
- BS system of marking wheels
- Examination and storage of abrasive wheels
- Suitability of disc and material
- Safety requirements and PPE required for use
- Specific requirements of angle grinders
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Checking the wheel and tool arbour prior to fitting
- Mounting the wheel
- Methods of checking and pre-use running
- Pre-use checking – checks during work task
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.