Provides all the practical skills and knowledge from making initial assessment to administering first aid to recording and reporting incidents.
Work at Height Emergency First Aid course covering the requirements of Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW), followed by AED and casualty care training.
This course provides the certificate of Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) along with practical skills required to care for the casualty during the rescue procedures.
The elements covered over the two day work at height emergency first aid training course include:
- The skills and role required of the first aider including the use of available equipment and the recording of incidents and actions
- Basic hygiene required for first aid procedures
- Assessment of the situation and circumstances in order to be able to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Assessment of the casualty, including their neurological state and possible disability arising from head injury or spinal injury
- The need for and means achieving prompt and effective communication with the emergency services
- Recognition and monitoring of Hyper/Hypo thermia
- The effects of Orthostatic intolerance in a suspended casualty
Practical skills covered include:
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – CPR
- AED use and limitations
- Primary and secondary surveys
- Airway management
- Injury assessment and bleeding control
- Spinal management techniques
- Use of splints to provide immobilisation for fractures and dislocations
- Packaging and moving a casualty – including use of spine board and stretcher
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
15% off equipment online for training participants. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.