The Wind Turbine Lifting Hoist Operations course is intended for any individual required to operate or assist in a wind turbine lifting hoist operation and covers the manual handling requirements and operation of hoists / lifting equipment commonly used.
This Wind Turbine Lifting Hoist Operations course covers the basics of what is required by law when planning and completing a lifting operation. The course concentrates on the smaller type lifting operations completed using a static / fixed type lifting hoist mounted in a wind turbine generator nacelle.
This course also provides candidates with training in Manual Handling Operations.
Course elements covered include:
- The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Safe planning of a lifting operation
- Pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Working Load Limits (WLL)
- Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Manual Handling considerations
- Associated hazards applicable to Lifting Operations
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Inspection of selected items of lifting equipment
- The completion of a basic risk assessment and lifting plan
- The completion of a basic lifting operation
- Manual handling operations
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
Please note this course does not provide a Banksman / Slinger qualification.
Candidates will be required to produce suitable valid certification prior to acceptance on this course. A RenewableUK or GWO WAH Certificate is suitable.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.