Global Wind Organisation (GWO) register training participants via their Training Records Database – WINDA (Global Wind Industry Training Records Database).
WINDA is designed to provide assurance and confidence in the status and validity of approved Training Providers and the training status of individuals.
All participants who wish to book onto a GWO training course must register as Participants on the WINDA database. After registration, participants will receive a WINDA ID. GWO strongly recommends participants use a personal email address in order to maintain full control over their training records throughout their career in the wind industry.
NOTE: GWO advise – if participants use their work email address and lose access to the email account used to create their WINDA ID, it will not be possible for them to retrieve their WINDA ID or password and training records may be lost.
WINDA operates three user profiles:
- Training Providers must upload records of participants.
- Employers can look up and verify the training status of participants .
- Participants can access personal verified information on the status and validity of their completed training – proving their training validity to current and future employers.
To obtain your WINDA ID:
- Go to https://winda.globalwindsafety.org/
- Register as a course participant
- Fill in the form using your personal email address
The main benefits of WINDA include:
- Virtually eliminate the risk of fraud from non-certified Training Providers
- Increase trust in competence records and validity of Training Provider’s certification status
- Reduced compliance costs by avoiding repeated employee/contractor verification checks
WINDA is now the primary means of verifying the training status of participants for GWO courses.
We cannot process your GWO training course booking or certification without your WINDA ID. Failure to provide this will delay your certification.
Certificates issued prior to 17th October 2016 will still be valid proof of training until the date of expiry.
For more information on the WINDA database, please visit www.globalwindsafety.org/winda
Extracts taken from www.globalwindsafety.org/gwo
heightec is proud to be an approved Global Wind Organisation (GWO) certified training provider.