Kendal is heightec’s flagship centre launched in 1997. It is the largest of our height safety centres offering the full range of height safety and rescue training courses and serves the entire professional work at height and rescue industry across the UK and world wide.
With a floor area of over 11,000ft², the centre is purpose built and has been specifically designed to incorporate a comprehensive range of facilities to provide realistic practical work and rescue training and incorporates a range of internal classrooms.
Our training portfolio includes Global Wind Organisation (GWO) training, Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA) courses, EUSR & Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS) telecoms courses, ARQIVA for telecoms, Confined Space courses, Advanced Hub Rescue and WTG lifting courses.
We have recently released a NEW MATS & telecoms training course bundle:
- MATS Roof & Rescue from Height (2 days) – MATS bundled course suitable for any industry role that requires flat rooftop access, rescue, evacuation and stretcher use for working at height. Mandatory requirement to work on BT and Arqiva sites.
Training environments specific to Kendal:
- Two wind turbine training simulators with yaw, hub, restricted access areas and roof apparatus
- Several indoor lattice towers
- Interior and exterior flat roofs
- Deep vertical shaft with high internal walls
- Confined space gallery with multiple entries, manholes and very confined areas
- Confined industrial process vessels
- Exposed walkways
- High platforms
- Internal scaffolds
- Suspended lifting beams
- Telecoms rigging dishes and antennae
- Vertical ladders with a variety of fixed protection systems
Distances to our Height Safety Centre:
- Leeds – 72 miles
- Manchester – 76 miles
- Newcastle – 100 miles
- Sheffield – 107 miles
- Glasgow – 141 miles