Kendal is heightec’s flagship centre launched in 1997. It is the largest of our height safety centres offering the full range of height safety and rescue training courses and serves the entire professional work at height and rescue industry across the UK and world wide.
This purpose built centre has been specifically designed to incorporate a comprehensive range of facilities to provide realistic practical work and rescue training and incorporates a range of internal classrooms.
Training environments specific to Kendal:
- Two wind turbine training simulators with yaw, hub and roof apparatus.
- Several indoor lattice towers
- Interior and exterior flat roofs
- Deep vertical shaft with high internal walls
- Confined space gallery with multiple entries, manholes and very confined areas
- Confined industrial process vessels
- Exposed walkways
- High platforms
- Internal scaffolds
- Suspended lifting beams
- Telecoms rigging dishes and antennae
- Vertical ladders with a variety of fixed protection systems
Our Kendal height safety centre is located on the southern edge of the Lake District National Park, a short distance from the centre of Kendal town.
Oxenholme west coast mainline rail station is 10 minutes by taxi. The M6 motorway is less than 10 miles away.
Distances to our Kendal Height Safety Centre:
- Leeds – 70 miles
- Manchester – 70 miles
- Newcastle – 100 miles
- Sheffield – 125 miles
- Glasgow – 145 miles
Unit 1, Lake District Business Park
Mint Bridge Road