heightec’s Birmingham centre is centrally located for ease of access to companies across the Midlands. The centre contains a range of indoor structures suitable for work at height and rescue training.
Courses are available to individuals and companies working within professional work at height industries including facilities management, construction, fire, government departments, telecoms, rigging and utilities.
This Height Safety Centre boasts nearly 3,000 square feet of training facilities and classrooms, with a comprehensive range of training structures including a flat roof and a 9m telecoms tower for our MATS tower climbing & roof courses:
- MATS Telecoms Climber, Roof & RF Hazards – brand new four day course aimed at new starters in the Telecoms industry who are required to access all parts of a typical comms structure and roof area.
- MATS Initial Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue – MATS course for persons who are starting out in the Telecoms industry and are required to access all parts of a typical structure and perform the required foreseeable rescues.
- MATS Tower Climbing and Rescue Reval – Refresher training for any person required to climb on masts or towers or for existing climbers who wish to renew their tower climbing and rescue certification.
- MATS Rooftop Worker – Safety and Access – practical training on a range of temporary and permanent fall protection systems used for work on roofs. Also includes basic information on radio frequency hazards.
Training structures specific to Birmingham Height Safety Centre:
- 3.5 m flat roof
- High platforms
- 9 m telecoms tower
- Exposed walkways
- High ladders
- 8 m lattice structure
- Suspended beams
- Microwave dishes for rigging exercises
The Birmingham Height Safety Centre is on the edge of West Bromwich approximately 15 minutes off the M6 Junction 9 and M5 junction 1.
Dudley Port rail station is approximately 1.5 miles away, Black Lane metro station is approx 20 mins walk and Birmingham International Airport is just over an hour away.
Distances to our Height Safety Centre:
- Gloucester – 56 miles
- Liverpool – 92 miles
- Sheffield – 93 miles
- Cardiff – 108 miles
- London – 130 miles