Our telecoms climbing and rescue, roof safety and RF hazards courses are ARQIVA Gateway approved and comply with Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS) training standards. Energy and Utility Skills are now managing the approval of training companies against the MATS standard. Our telecoms courses include:
- MATS Telecoms Climber, Roof & RF Hazards – brand new four day course aimed at new starters in the Telecoms industry who are required to access all parts of a typical comms structure and roof area.
- MATS Initial Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue – MATS course for persons who are starting out in the Telecoms industry and are required to access all parts of a typical structure and perform the required foreseeable rescues.
- MATS Tower Climbing and Rescue Reval – Refresher training for any person required to climb on masts or towers or for existing climbers who wish to renew their tower climbing and rescue certification.
- MATS Rooftop Worker – Safety and Access – practical training on a range of temporary and permanent fall protection systems used for work on roofs. Also includes basic information on radio frequency hazards.
Our new range of cost saving training course bundles (including MATS approved) have been designed for the telecommunications and broadcast industry. These are courses that have been combined to deliver essential practical skills and competence based training in one convenient package at a reduced cost. By packaging these selected modules, engineers and operators in the telecoms industry have the convenience of booking one course to achieve MATS (Mast and Tower Safety) Group certified training as well as certification in other disciplines such as Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW), rescue and stretcher handling.
- MATS Roof & Rescue from Height (2 days) – MATS bundled course suitable for any industry role that requires flat rooftop access, rescue, evacuation and stretcher use for working at height. Mandatory requirement to work on BT and Arqiva sites.
- MATS Climber, Roof & RF & First Aid (5 days) – MATS bundled course suitable for new starters in the telecoms industry. Covers access to all parts of a typical structure and roof area, rooftop safety, RF hazards awareness and Emergency First Aid at Work EFAW. Mandatory requirement to work on BT and Arqiva sites.
- Rescue, Evac, Stretcher Use & EFAW (2 days) – covering rescue, evacuation, stretcher use and Emergency First Aid at Work EFAW. Provides practical experience of stretcher lowering procedures, administering first aid, recording and reporting incidents.
- Height Safety, Rescue & EFAW (2 days) – practical skills in the use of height safety equipment, rescue after a fall kit and Emergency First Aid at Work EFAW.
Telecoms workers need a wide range of fall protection equipment, all of which is available in ready to use work kits.
Typical requirements include work positioning, fall arrest (with both lanyard or vertical system), adjustable restraint equipment for roof safety and rescue and evacuation systems.
The heightec Rigger’s Kit contains the smooth action PIRANHA adjustable belt, DUON-Air advanced safety helmet, versatile MATRIX combination harness and high specification ELITE twin energy absorbing lanyard.
For our high performance lanyards please see our ELITE range. The ELITE twin lanyard arms are made from patented high twist rope, a new design which virtually eliminates the kinking which occurs with normal kernmantel rope versions. heightec ELITE lanyards are the only lanyards on the market with an automatically deploying footloop. FLEXOR lanyards feature elasticated legs giving reduced stowage and leg length which, when not under load, reduces the snag and entanglement risk. Improves safety and enables longer lanyards to be used. Elasticated section will reduce to a third of its extended length
The DUON provides ultimate head protection for work at height and confined spaces. The helmet features a unique chinstrap buckle with variable fastening power, allowing wearers to be fully compliant in complex environments containing different, changing hazards.
The MATRIX leg loops now self adjust, preventing one leg taking all of the users weight when suspended. The shoulder strap configuration ensure a good fit with maximum comfort and security for the user.
Our NEON harness has a high load rating (140kg) and is designed to ensure a good fit, giving maximum comfort and security. The chest rings and articulated hip section align the webbing to give greater freedom of movement. New features include integrated lanyard parking points at the shoulder which breakaway in the event of a fall.
A Critical Injury Pack is now specified as part of the recommended first aid provision for all high risk environments under the Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS) First Aid For Working At Height Guidance (GN-009).
The VANTAGE™ 5:1 Locking Casualty pulley for transferring a casualty onto a rescue system without cutting. The cam automatically locks allowing simple and safe rescue procedures. The new woven plastic sheath provides cut and abrasion resistance. The sheath is highly compressible, preventing snagging between cord or pulleys.
heightec’s TowerPack and TowerPack Pro – Tower Rescue Systems feature the POWERLOCK double action descender. The TowerPack is a self contained rescue kit for snatch or pick off rescues when a person has fallen or become unable to help themselves. The TowerPack Pro features the VANTAGE rescue pulley system and is suitable for both no-cut (lift) and conventional cut rescue methods.
Our lifting kits feature our premium lifting devices which are lightweight, intuitive and offer a mechanical advantage for lifting, lowering and positioning loads. Our TORNADO features a one way bearing in the main cam, which allows the device to rotate freely when lifting but lock when lowering. View the full specification of our lifting kits and devices.
CHRYSALIS Rescue Stretcher ProSeal – the ultimate storage solution for mission-critical equipment. Hermetically sealed giving a 20 year lifespan with supremely simple inspection process. The first and only sealed rescue stretcher. Versatile roll stretcher with a unique integral casualty harness for horizontal and vertical lifting. Tested with 4 m fall with a test mass of 125 kg.
Work at Height First Aid Pack – portable kit for use on high structures. Compliant with BS8599-1:2019. Can be attached to harness for easy transport. Contained in rucksack style case, with prominent reflective markings, zip around opening and a robust carry handle with attachment loop for clipping to a harness.