For the latest guidance on IRATA Rope Access, Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS) and Global Wind Organisation (GWO) certification, please refer direct to the accrediting body, see links below:
- Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS): Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue Certificates:
- Full revalidation course and registration with EUSR should be undertaken wherever practicable.
- “Candidates whose EUSR Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue scheme registration has expired, has up to 12 months after the expiry date to complete the 1-day Renewal programme. Where the EUSR registration has expired for more than 12 months, the full 3-day initial training program must be undertaken”
- Global Wind Organisation (GWO) – GWO have advised that as of 1st October the temporary grace period they introduced will no longer be available. If a candidates certificate has expired they will need to complete the initial course again.
- IRATA are not offering extension requests.
IRATA – Extract below from IRATA website. Please refer to IRATA directly for clarification if needed:
“Following the governmental easing of Coronavirus restrictions in some regions, and consultation with our Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) Chairs and TMCs, our Technician Certification Extension Scheme is being gradually withdrawn on a country by country basis“
For more information, please contact IRATA.