For managers, supervisors, clients and specifiers. A comprehensive course with lecture sessions and extensive practical experience.
A comprehensive course with lecture sessions and extensive practical experience which combines details content of several specialist modules. Provides all-round knowledge of the requirements of the Work at Height Regulations.
Designed for managers, supervisors, clients and specifiers who are required to create, implement and maintain a safe system for work at height.
Includes Introduction to the Use of Fall Protection Equipment (WAHSA), Introduction to Work at Height with additional material relating to managing work at height, including inspection requirements for PPE, emergency planning and work restraint methods, work positioning and fall arrest.
Candidates are able to use their own working environments as a basis for problem solving. Discusses hierarchy of fall protection in detail, covering temporary and permanent scaffolding, mobile elevated work platforms, collective and individual fall protection equipment and ladders. The course explores the difference between restraint, work positioning, fall arrest and points out critical safety factors in each.
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
ACWAHT (Advisory Committee for Work at Height Training) syllabus is also covered in this course.
Course elements covered include:
- The Work at Height Regulations
- Fall protection hierarchy
- Methods of fall protection
- Safe systems of work for work at height
- Assessing risks, hazards, planning the work
- Personnel requirements, competence
- Fall protection equipment suitability and selection
- Inspection care and maintenance requirements for PPE
- Emergency planning and rescue equipment
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Use of personal fall protection equipment
- Harness fitting
- Anchor selection
- Work restraint techniques
- Work positioning techniques
- Fall arrest techniques (using lanyards, fall arrest blocks and flexible lines)
- Rescue after a fall using pre-assembled kit
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.