Our Using Height Safety & Rescue Equipment – HART course provides education and practical training in the use of the specified types of personal fall protection and rescue equipment.
Working methods include restraint, work positioning and fall arrest using both fixed and temporary methods.
Also discusses the hierarchy of fall prevention and protection measures set out in the Work at Height Regulations.
Explains pre-use check, installation, methods of use and possible defects for specific types of fall protection and rescue kits used by HART teams. As well as the importance of correct selection and fitting of equipment.
The Using Height Safety & Rescue Equipment – HART course also gives training in the use of the recovery reach pole system together with an explanation of suspension intolerance and the importance of timely rescue.
Practical experience of each working method is given and practised in realistic situations of use.
The course covers all of the Legislation, Methods of Fall Protection and Safe Systems of Work (WAHSA) syllabus.
Course Content: General Criteria for the use of Fall Protection Equipment:
- Safety harness and lanyard – fitting and use
- Requirements for suitable anchorages
- Fixed vertical and horizontal fall arrest systems
- Fall arrest systems – dangers and limitations
- Restraint systems – requirements and dangers
- Temporary vertical and horizontal safety lines
- Compatibility of equipment
- Pre-use checks – care and storage of fall protection equipment
- Rescue requirements and suspension intolerance
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Practical use of fall protection equipment:
- Harness fitting and adjustment
- Selection of suitable anchorages and connectors
- Use of energy absorbing lanyards
- Use of restraint systems
- Use of work positioning systems
- Use of temporary and fixed fall protection systems
- Use of temporary vertical and horizontal safety line
- Use of recovery reach pole system
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
Arranged to order for groups only. Please call for details.
Revalidation course also available. Please see Height Safety & Rescue Equipment – HART – Revalidation. Participants are required to have an in date TFP4UH certificate.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
The DUON-Air vented helmet offers ultimate head protection for all work at height industries. The vented safety helmet features a unique chinstrap buckle with variable fastening power allowing users to be fully compliant in complex environments containing different, changing hazards. The first height safety helmet to fully conform to European Standard requirements for industrial and climbing situations.