Provides education and practical training in the use of the specific types of personal fall protection and rescue equipment used by HART teams.
Our Using Height Safety & Rescue Equipment – HART course includes correct fitting of a safety harness combined with a variety of fall protection equipment.
For persons who are required to work in exposed locations.
Working methods include restraint, work positioning and fall arrest using both fixed and temporary methods.
Also discusses the hierarchy of fall prevention and protection measures set out in the Work at Height Regulations.
Explains pre-use check, installation, methods of use and possible defects for specific types of fall protection.
The Using Height Safety & Rescue Equipment – HART course also gives training in the use of the recovery reach pole system together with an explanation of suspension intolerance and the importance of timely rescue.
Practical experience of each working method is given and practised in realistic situations of use.
Course Content: General Criteria for the use of Fall Protection Equipment:
- Safety harness and lanyard – fitting and use
- Requirements for suitable anchorages
- Fixed vertical and horizontal fall arrest systems
- Fall arrest systems – dangers and limitations
- Restraint systems – requirements and dangers
- Temporary vertical and horizontal safety lines
- Compatibility of equipment
- Pre-use checks – care and storage of fall protection equipment
- Rescue requirements and suspension intolerance
- Installation (positioning) fitting and wearing
- Methods of use
- Dismantling and defects
- Rescue and suspension syncope
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Harness fitting and adjustment
- Selection of suitable anchorages and connectors
- Use of energy absorbing lanyards
- Use of restraint systems
- Use of work positioning systems
- Use of temporary and fixed fall protection systems
- Use of temporary vertical and horizontal safety line
- Use of recovery reach pole system
Arranged to order for groups only. Please call for details.