This MATS Telecom Climber, Roof & RF Hazards course is intended for individuals who are starting out in the telecoms industry and require access to all parts of a typical tower structure and roof area.
Provides a range of skills for climbing towers and accessing flat roofs, including the use of all safety equipment and tower rescue kits.
Includes the elements of a Safe System of Work, including equipment selection and pre-use inspection, use of tools, risk assessment, method statements and emergency procedures. Evacuation and rescue are practised at height.
RF hazards introduces the new Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016.
This course conforms to MATS requirements and is Arqiva approved for the Gateway access scheme.
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
PLEASE NOTE: As from 1st January 2020 MATS stipulate that all technicians must be registered on the new Energy & Utility Skills Registry System – Quartzweb – to gain access to and work on Arqiva sites. Course costs include EUS registration fee and EUS ID Card. You must provide a digital passport sized photograph on confirmation of booking to meet EUS registration requirements.
Tower Climbing Course elements covered include:
All of – syllabus TFP0 – Introduction to personal fall protection (WAHSA), plus:
- Legal, personal and medical requirements for work at height.
- Risk assessment, method statements, emergency procedures.
- Selection, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Restraint, work positioning, fall arrest systems.
- Use of ropes and knots.
- Emergency procedures.
- Roof safety hazards.
- RF hazard awareness and monitoring.
- The CEMFAW Regulation 2016.
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Safe use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Proper execution of simulated work task.
- Climbing techniques, ladder and structure.
- Climbing techniques and fall protection in exposed locations.
- Use of temporary and fixed fall protection systems.
- Use of temporary ladders.
- Competent rescue of casualty from structure.
- Ensuring safety of self and others.
- Roof top restraint systems.
- Using a commercial RF monitor.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THE TOWER RESCUE ELEMENT WILL REQUIRE REVALIDATION ANNUALLY.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. Once you have successfully completed a heightec training course, you will be issued with your electronic certificate together with a discount code which can then be applied at the checkout when you shop on our web. View our height safety & rescue equipment.