MATS Initial Basic Tower Climbing course provides a range of skills for climbing, including the use of all safety equipment and tower rescue.
Includes the elements of a Safe System of Work, including equipment selection and pre-use inspection, use of tools, risk assessment, method statements and emergency procedures. Evacuation and rescue are practised at height.
Basic climbers will be expected to work almost entirely from within the confines of protected areas but are able to move to exposed areas if necessary to carry out straightforward work tasks.
Revalidation course available. Please see MATS Tower Climbing & Rescue Reval
Conforms to MATS requirements. Arqiva approved telecoms course for the Gateway access scheme.
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
Course costs include EUSR registration fee and EUSR Virtual Card. In order to access their virtual card, participants must download the ‘Vircarda’ app on their mobile phone (either Android or Apple). More details are available from EUSR website.
Complies with the climbing elements of MOD JSP375 Advanced Climber.
Tower Climbing Course elements covered include:
All of – syllabus TFP0 – Introduction to personal fall protection (WAHSA), plus:
- Legal, personal and medical requirements for work at height.
- Risk assessment, method statements, emergency procedures.
- Selection, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Climbing techniques, ladder and structure.
- Climbing techniques in exposed locations.
- Selection of anchorages.
- Restraint, work positioning, fall arrest systems.
- Use of ropes and knots.
- Emergency procedures
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Safe use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Proper execution of simulated work task.
- Lifting equipment up ladders using MATS kit
- Competent rescue of casualty from structure
– lowering a casualty
– competent rescue of a casualty
– monopole rescue
- Ensuring safety of self and others.
ACWAHT (Advisory Committee for Work at Height Training) syllabus is also covered in this course.
Participants who require RF Hazards training should complete the RF Hazards Awareness & Monitoring 0.5 day course (TSK4U).
15% off equipment online for training participants. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.