MATS Initial Basic Tower Climbing course provides a range of skills for climbing, including the use of all safety equipment and tower rescue.
Conforms to MATS requirements. Arqiva approved telecoms course for the Gateway access scheme.
Developed by the Mast & Tower Safety Group (MATS) in collaboration with EUSR to support the safety of workers on towers and masts in the telecoms and broadcast industries.
This initial course is an introductory course suitable for first time climbers.
The MATS Initial Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue training course includes:
- Understanding legislation and safety standards
- Assessing risks
- Managing common hazards
- Using harnesses
- Using fall arrest lanyards
- Selecting appropriate anchor points
- Using fixed fall arrest systems
- Using work positioning lanyards
- Using additional fall prevention equipment
- Developing rescue plans
- Inspecting rescue equipment
- Managing suspension syncope
- Selecting rescue techniques
- Using knots and “off-weighting” techniques
- Demonstrating climbing techniques
- Carrying out a rescue
MATS PARTICIPANT ESSENTIALS – PLEASE NOTE:
- Course costs include EUSR registration and Virtual Card.
- EUSR registrations – Participants who are already registered with EUSR must provide their ID numbers at course registration. First time registrants must provide a digital passport photo (.jpg format) and mobile phone number when booking.
- To access the EUSR virtual cards you will need to download the EUSR ‘Vircarda’ app on your mobile phone. For more information see Vircarda User Guide
- MATS participants must bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course. You will be asked to leave the course if you fail to provide this.
- Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
Complies with the climbing elements of MOD JSP375 Advanced Climber.
- An individual whose EUSR Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue scheme registration has expired has up to 12 months after the expiry date can complete the 1-day MATS Tower Climbing & Rescue Reval (TTS2UR)
- Where an individual’s EUSR registration for Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue has expired for more than 12 months, the full 3-day initial training course must be undertaken (TTS2U)
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites (see below) are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses. Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
RF HARZARDS – Participants who require RF Hazards training should complete the RF Hazards Awareness & Monitoring 0.5 day course (TSK4U).
Revalidation course available. Please see MATS Tower Climbing & Rescue Reval
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.