Provides all the practical skills and knowledge from making initial assessment and administering first aid to recording and reporting incidents.
First Aid course for any nominated Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) individuals or businesses who manage first aid requirements for work sites or offices and take responsibility for first aid arrangements to comply with the needs of Health & Safety (First Aid Regulations) 1981.
Emergency First Aid at Work – EFAW will teach candidates how to promptly assess, prioritise and manage incidents, deal with minor injuries as well as casualty handling, administration of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The course contains both theory and hands on practical sessions.
The elements covered over the one day training course include:
- First Aid priorities
- Managing incidents
- Basic life support
- Examiniation of a casualty
- Control of bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- First Aid kits
- Recording and reporting
Practical skills covered include:
- Casualty handling
- Administration of first aid safely, promptly and efficiently to:
- A casualty who is unconscious
- A casualty who is wounded or bleeding and / or in shock
- A casualty who is choking, or who has difficulty breathing
- Administration of cardio pulmonary resuscitation – CPR
- Provision of appropriate first aid for minor injuries
The course certificate is valid for a three year period, after which candidates will need to revalidate their training. It is however advised that candidates refresh their training every 12 months.