GRATEMATE Plus grating rope protector is specially designed for metal or composite grating walkways known as ‘Kennedy grating’ found on offshore platforms and petrochemical as well as process sites.
The two ropes pass through separate apertures to prevent rope on rope friction when in use.
As the rope tubes are mounted separately in the body, the grating rope protector can straddle the transverse bars of the grating allowing it to fit a larger range of sizes.
The GRATEMATE Plus is made with durable stainless steel construction which provides corrosion resistance; particularly important when used in demanding weather conditions.
Maximum rope diameter is 13 mm.
The GRATEMATE Plus requires no tools, preventing dropped objects. Additional cam lever for rapid installation or removal from work environment
heightec’s range of rope protection suitable for the rope access industry include:
- Lightweight GRATEMATE (MR63). Glass reinforced nylon (GRN) rope protector for metal or composite grating walkways.
- SENTINEL Chainmail Rope Protector (MR705). Chainmail wrap around mid rope protector for extreme cut and corrosion resistance.
- SENTINEL PVC Cover (MR705P). Offers additional protection when used against painted or high gloss surfaces.
- CASCADE Edge Protector (MR75). Edge protector for multiple ropes. Rounded edge reduces friction when hauling/lowering.
- TORRENT Edge Pad (MR85). Multi layered edge pad. Inner padded layer protects against abrasion and smooths rough edges e.g. stone or concrete.
- Mantle (MRP05/MRP10). Canvas rope protector suitable for abrasive blunt edges.
heightec also have a wide selection of TECTRA™ rope for work at height and rescue – visit Rope for more details.
Registered Design 5003381.
Commodity Code: 7326909890
Country of Origin: UK