- ISO Rope Access Technician Telecoms course teaches basic principles of movement on ropes:
- Changing from ascent to descent
- Changing from rope to rope
- Passing a deviation
- Use of a back-up system – elementary rigging and rope management, elementary rescue
- This course is based broadly on the requirements of BS ISO 22846 for the purpose of undertaking rope access classified as “simple”.
- Covers the characteristics of a safe system of work, including:
- Legal requirements
- Objective hazards
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Conformity and certification
- Emergency considerations
- Rescue procedures
- On completion of ISO Rope Access Technician Telecoms participants will be able to set up their own suspension system.
Course elements covered include:
- Selecting suitable equipment, understanding specifications
- Understanding risks from different access methods
- Understanding risks arising from the work task, work situations
- Controlling all hazards e.g. from use of tools or falling objects
- Maintain, communication, exclusion zones etc.
- Understanding worksite rescue plan
- Inspection, care and maintenance of equipment
- Understanding work task as defined
- Carrying out simple rigging
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Equipment fitting and pre-use checks
- Use of backup system
- Safe approach to point of descent or ascent
- Methods of descent and ascent, change from descent to ascent and back
- Elementary rigging, rope management
- Installing and passing a deviation
- Simple vertical rescue by descent
- Selection of anchor points
- Experience of rigging and movement in specific work environment
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
NB: The pre-requisite for the course is a suitable in date Tower Climbing and Rescue certification, for example, TTS2U.
Available for group bookings or by special arrangement – please contact us for details.
It is the participant/booker’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.