This course is intended for rescue teams or emergency team members of industrial rescue teams, who may be required to deal with a wide range of emergency situations.
Industrial Rescue Technician – Advanced course is for rescue teams or emergency team members from any industrial environment who wish to advance their user skills to operate in more complex rescue situations.
This industrial rescue course teaches techniques to turn heightec’s RescuePack into a small rope rescue capability. Contains exercises in rescue management, casualty assessment and casualty handling. Use of tensioned tagline for additional control during lowering or raising.
Also covered in this course is complex rigging and more versatile uses of stretchers. These systems also provide the capability for access and rescue from confined spaces.
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
Supervisors are assessed on their ability to correctly specify the correct rescue procedure for different locations, including requirements for personal safety of rescuers.
Methods of thorough inspection including marking, traceability, certification and record keeping.
ACWAHT (Advisory Committee for Work at Height Training) syllabus is also covered in this course.
Course elements covered include:
- Understanding complex pulley theory
- Friction factors in hauling systems
- Vector angles and end loadings
- Safety factors in tensioned lines
- Load sharing in anchorages
- Casualty handling in stretchers
- Suspension trauma medical and post rescue issues
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Construct 6:1 pulley system
- Use of releasable deviations
- Create complex anchorage systems to loadshare and position
- Create tensioned line cableway system
- Stretcher attachments
- Use of suspension trauma loops
Revalidation course available.
Arranged for groups only. Please call for details.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.