ISO Rope Access Technician Telecoms – ideal for those with with specific trade skills who wish to use rope access as a method of gaining access to their worksite on towers or tall structures.
This ISO rope access technician telecoms course is based broadly on the requirements of BS ISO 22846 for the purpose of undertaking rope access classified as “simple”. Characteristics of a safe system of work, including equipment, legal requirements, objective hazards, risk assessment and method statements, conformity and certification, inspection, emergency considerations and rescue procedures.
NB: The pre-requisite for the course is a suitable in date Tower Climbing and Rescue certification, for example, TTS2U.
Course elements covered include:
- Select suitable equipment, understand specifications
- Understand risks from different access methods
- Understand risks arising from the work task, work situations
- Control all hazards e.g. from use of tools or falling objects
- Maintain, communication, exclusion zones etc.
- Understand worksite rescue plan
- Inspection, care and maintenance of equipment
- Understand work task as defined
- Carry out simple rigging
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Equipment fitting and pre-use checks
- Use of backup system
- Safe approach to point of descent or ascent
- Methods of descent and ascent, change from descent to ascent and back
- Elementary rigging, rope management
- Install and pass a deviation
- Simple vertical rescue by descent
- Selection of anchor points
- Experience of rigging and movement in specific work environment
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
Available for group bookings or by special arrangement – please contact us for details.
15% off equipment online for training participants. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.