Provides sufficient knowledge to allow a person to access and work safely in wind turbines.
The GWO Onshore Basic Safety Training Package provides all the knowledge and skills required for new starters out in the Wind Industry and require the “Basic Safety Training Standard” onshore courses.
The course package provides sufficient knowledge to allow participants to work safely in wind turbines. The package contains the following courses run over 5 consecutive days:
- Working at Heights – use basic personal protective equipment, perform safe work at heights and safe, comprehensive basic rescue from heights
- Manual Handling combined – perform tasks and activities in the safest possibly way
- Fire Awareness – prevent fires, make appropriate judgements when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel
- First Aid – administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment
GWO Basic Safety Training – Onshore Package enables participants to support and care for themselves and others working in the industry by possessing the knowledge and skills of first aid, working at heights, manual handling and fire awareness and in case of an emergency, to be able to evacuate, rescue and provide appropriate first aid to casualties.
The BST Working at Heights with Manual Handling training course includes:
- Legislation and behavioural safety
- Fall prevention
- Vertical fall arrest systems
- Fall arrest lanyards
- Dropped objects
- Self-retracting lifelines
- Control measures to prevent injury during training
- Practical exercises
- Spinal anatomy and posture
- Planning manual handling
- Manual handling techniques
- Emergency procedure
- Workshop: risks and hazards and suspension trauma
- PPE review
- Rescue devices and rigging set up
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Rescue exercises
The BST Fire Awareness training course includes:
- Fire combustion and fire spread
- Fire extinction
- Fire prevention
- Firefighting equipment in a WTG
- Practice and scenario-based training
The BST First Aid training course includes:
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid using primary survey “C”-A-B-C
- Secondary survey
- Scenario-based training
It also equips participants with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of an emergency and to increase their safety through proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and procedures.
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
Refresher package is also available. Please see GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher – Onshore Package.
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.