This RF Hazards awareness training course is suitable for contracting staff, supervisors and managers who are concerned with access areas close to radio frequency transmission equipment used in the telecommunications industry.
RF Hazards Awareness and Monitoring training course provides methods of monitoring and avoidance for all persons working in the vicinity of any type of transmitting equipment.
This course also offers in depth knowledge on the effects of RF on the human body and the means of identifying danger areas.
The characteristics of various frequencies of radio hazards are explained, together with knowledge on their effects on the human body, operational detection equipment, methods of measurement and the tolerance limits suggested by national and international bodies.
Use of an RF hazard meter, monitoring equipment is demonstrated during the course.
RF Hazards Training Course elements covered include:
- Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016
- How RF (Radio Frequency) is generated
- Effect of RF on the human body
- Arcing, electric shock, re-radiation
- Recommended levels of exposure
- UK and international standards
- Recognition of various antenna
- Antenna exclusion zones
- Completes section 7 of climber competency booklet
Practical RF Hazard skills covered include:
- Use of RF hazard meter
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
Our telecoms courses include:
- MATS Telecoms Climber, Roof & RF Hazards – brand new four day course aimed at new starters in the Telecoms industry who are required to access all parts of a typical comms structure and roof area.
- MATS Initial Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue – MATS course for persons who are starting out in the Telecoms industry and are required to access all parts of a typical structure and perform the required foreseeable rescues.
- MATS Tower Climbing and Rescue Reval – Refresher training for any person required to climb on masts or towers or for existing climbers who wish to renew their tower climbing and rescue certification.
- MATS Rooftop Worker – Safety and Access – practical training on a range of temporary and permanent fall protection systems used for work on roofs. Also includes basic information on radio frequency hazards.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.