The MATS Tower Climbing and Rescue Reval course is designed as refresher training for the MATS Initial Basic Tower Climbing course.
Suitable for those required to climb on masts or towers or for existing climbers who wish to renew their tower climbing and rescue certification.
The MATS Tower Climbing and Rescue Reval training course includes:
- Understanding legislation and safety standards
- Inspecting and fitting Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE)
- Using fall arrest lanyards
- Selecting appropriate anchor points
- Using fixed fall arrest systems
- Using work positioning lanyards
- Using additional fall prevention equipment
- Developing rescue plans
- Managing suspension syncope
- Selecting rescue techniques
- Using “off-weighting” techniques
- Demonstrating climbing techniques
- Carrying out a rescue
Practical exercises with classroom theory. Emergency procedures, evacuation and rescue are practiced at height.
ACWAHT (Advisory Committee for Work at Height Training) syllabus is also covered in this course.
Participants who require RF Hazards training should complete the RF Hazards Awareness & Monitoring 0.5 day course (ref: TSK4U).
Conforms to MATS requirements. Arqiva approved telecoms course for the Gateway access scheme.
MATS Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Course costs include EUSR registration and Virtual Card.
- EUSR registrations – Participants who are already registered with EUSR must provide their ID numbers at course registration. First time registrants must provide a digital passport photo (.jpg format) and mobile phone number when booking.
- To access the EUSR virtual cards you will need to download the EUSR ‘Vircarda’ app on your mobile phone. For more information see Vircarda User Guide
- MATS participants are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
- Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.