GWO Sea Survival (SS) training course offering both theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Teaches participants to act safely and responsibly and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or WTG and vice versa. Covers both normal operation and an emergency in an offshore and wind energy environment.
This course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
Realistic training environment to ensure participants become competent and prepared for real life situations.
After successfully completing the GWO BST Sea Survival module, participants will have the ability to act safely and responsibly in an offshore work environment and to take responsibility for their own and fellow employees’ safety in work situations as well as in emergency situation.
The BST Sea Survival training course includes:
- Safety Culture & Legal including legal responsibilities
- Cold water immersion:
- Cold Shock
- Sea Sickness
- Contaminated water
- Life saving appliances and PPE
- SAR and GMDSS
- Practical Sea Survival:
- Correct donning and use of LSA and PPE
- Risks related to evacuation and release into water
- Emergency descent
- Correct usage and life raft
- Helicopter rescue from water
- Safe travel and transfer (theory):
- Safe introduction on board transfer vessel
- Hazards related to different types of transfers
- Transfer vessels
- Safe transfer from vessel to WTG
- Safe transfer from dock to vessel and vessel to vessel
- Installations, vessels and WTG’s:
- Safety on board
- Contingency/Emergency rescue plans
- Man over board procedures
- Transfer Practical:
- Safe transfer between dock and vessel
- Safe transfer between vessel and WTG
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Certificate valid for 2 years. Training should be renewed before the end of the given validity period. A certificate can be renewed up to two months prior to expiry and maintain the original certification date.
For those looking to complete training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules, heightec’s GWO BST Package provides all the the knowledge and skills required for new starters in the wind industry. Includes GWO Sea Survival, GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling, GWO Fire Awareness and GWO First Aid.
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package is also available to refresh certification in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules.
GWO Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- Participants must provide a WINDA ID number at time of booking. Failure to do so will delay GWO certification. Please refer to globalwindsafety.org/register.
- GWO participants are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
- Participants must be able to swim at least 50m
- Participants must bring warm clothing of man-made fibres (not cotton), trainers to wear over the survival suit, a spare change of clothes and a towel. Due to the nature of the course these will get wet
- heightec will provide a survival suit
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.