Our Rigging and Light Lifting course content includes planning, preparing for and executing lifting operations together with knowledge of the selection, use, inspection and maintenance of appropriate lifting equipment.
This course aims to revise and assess lifting and installation skills for steelwork and antennas up to approximately 2 m diameter (does not cover man riding system or winches).
The rigging and light lifting course covers legislation, planning and selection of equipment via rigging exercises and assessment at height.
Course elements covered include:
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Lifting Operations – Lifting Equipment Regulations – LOLER
- Inspection of equipment and record keeping
- Storage and care of equipment
- SWL and WLL calculations
- Estimation of weight to be lifted
- Slinging techniques
- Knots used for lifting operations
- Pulley theory
- Planning the lifting operation
- Awareness of RF hazards on site
- Map reading and compass skills
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Demonstrate safe manual handling techniques
- Carry out pre-use checks of equipment
- Demonstrate slinging methods and knots
- Create mechanical advantage pulley systems 2:1, 3:1 and 6:1
- Demonstrate use of pilot lines
- Proper execution of a practical exercise in lifting
- Install and align transmitter as required
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
This course is not intended to teach the elementary use of fall protection equipment or how to fit and use a safety harness.
Please see the Using Height Safety Equipment training course if you require more information on fall protection equipment, equipment care and maintenance and Work at Height regulations.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.