The GWO Slinger Signaller (SLS) training course enabling participants to support and care for themselves and others while working with slinger signalling in the wind industry by possessing the required knowledge, skills and ability to conduct assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
Upon successful completion of the GWO Slinger Signaller training course, the participant will be able to work within the wind industry conduction slinging techniques and signalling during simple lifting operations, meaning lifts conducted based on a lifting plan or covering known hazards.
Slinger Signaller will be able to take responsibility for:
- attaching and detaching loads to/from the crane lifting attachment
- initiating and directing safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts in both familiar and unfamiliar situations
- their role and responsibilities during the lift
- visual pre and post inspection on lifting accessories and load
- handling lifting accessories
- ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load
- slinging various types of load, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size and seek guidance when needed
- carrying out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan independently and responsibility
- compliance with instructions/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting and to seek guidance when needed
- equipment used is properly applied, maintained and that defects are reported
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
The GWO Slinger Signaller training course includes:
- General safety
- Role and basic signals
- Lifting equipment types
- Dynamic or static
- Generic routine lifting plans
- Risk assessment
- Manual handling
- Lifting bags
- Load attachment point types
- Accessory storage
- Pre-post use check
- Crane functions
- Load orientation devices
- Lifting angles
- Centre of gravity
- Suspended loads and dropped objects
- Lifting zones
- Roles and responsibilities
- Toolbox talk
- hand/radio signals
- Training review
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online