GWO Working at Heights Refresher training course to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills. On completion of the course, participants can act independently and safely when using basic personal protective equipment, working at heights and performing comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment.
The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) standard.
After successfully completing the Working at Heights Refresher training course, participants will have refreshed skills and knowledge and be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG).
- Demonstrate understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at height.
- Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards etc.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards.
- Demonstrate the correct use of the relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and the correct conduct on ladders.
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices.
- Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTG’s and use rescue equipment efficiently.
The BSTR Working at Heights Refresher training course includes:
- Introduction to the training
- Knowledge review
- PPE review exercises
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Individual practical review exercises
- Practical exercises – group
- Training review
Also available: GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher (WAHR) combined 2 day course
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.