GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher (MHR & WAHR) training course will review and build on previously gained knowledge through theoretical and practical training. After the course, participants will be able to use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue in the wind turbine industry and environment. The course also refreshes skills and knowledge to encourage positive manual handling and ergonomic behaviour, encourages participants to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train participants’ ability to perform manual handling tasks in a safe manner.
The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
After successfully completing the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher training course, participants will have refreshed skills and knowledge and be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG).
- Demonstrate understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at height.
- Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards etc.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards.
- Demonstrate the correct use of the relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and the correct conduct on ladders.
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices.
- Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTG’s and use rescue equipment efficiently.
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to manual handling in a wind turbine environment.
- Demonstrate manual handling risk reduction techniques.
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographical work location.
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of manual handling including the correct handling of equipment.
The BSTR Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher (MHR & WAHR) training course includes:
- Introduction to the training
- Knowledge review
- PPE review exercises
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Individual practical review exercises
- Practical exercises – group
To attend the GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher training course, participants must hold a valid in-date certificate for the following GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Standard courses:
- GWO Working at Height (WAH)
- GWO Manual Handling (MH)
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Certificate valid for 2 years. Training should be renewed before the end of the given validity period. A certificate can be renewed up to two months prior to expiry and maintain the original certification date.
For those looking to complete refresher training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) modules, heightec’s GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package renews all training certificates for the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST). The package contains the following courses run over 3.5 consecutive days: Working at Heights & Rescue with Manual Handling Refresher, Fire Awareness, First Aid Refresher and Sea Survival.
GWO Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- Participants must provide a WINDA ID number at time of booking. Failure to do so will delay GWO certification. Please refer to globalwindsafety.org/register.
- GWO candidates are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.