GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher (MHR & WAHR) training course will review and build on previously gained knowledge through theoretical and practical training. After the course, participants will be able to use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue in the wind turbine industry and environment. The course also refreshes skills and knowledge to encourage positive manual handling and ergonomic behaviour, encourages participants to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train participants’ ability to perform manual handling tasks in a safe manner.
The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
After successfully completing the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher training course, participants will have refreshed skills and knowledge and be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG).
- Demonstrate understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at height.
- Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards etc.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards.
- Demonstrate the correct use of the relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and the correct conduct on ladders.
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices.
- Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTG’s and use rescue equipment efficiently.
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to manual handling in a wind turbine environment.
- Demonstrate manual handling risk reduction techniques.
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographical work location.
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of manual handling including the correct handling of equipment.
The BSTR Working at Heights with Manual Handling Refresher (MHR & WAHR) training course includes:
- Introduction to the training
- Knowledge review
- PPE review exercises
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Individual practical review exercises
- Practical exercises – group
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
For those looking to complete refresher training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) modules, heightec’s GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package renews all training certificates for the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST). The package contains the following courses run over 3.5 consecutive days: Working at Heights & Rescue with Manual Handling Refresher, Fire Awareness, First Aid Refresher and Sea Survival.