GWO Working at Height training course providing theoretical knowledge and practical training to enable participants to work safely in wind turbines.
The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
Upon completing the BST Working at Heights training course, participants are able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator
- Demonstrate understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at height
- Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of Global and regional standard markings e.g. harness, helmet & lanyards
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards
- Demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct conduct on ladders
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices
- Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTG’s and use of rescue equipment efficiently
The BST Working at Heights training course includes:
- Legislation and behavioural safety
- Fall prevention
- Vertical fall arrest systems
- Fall arrest lanyards
- Dropped objects
- Self-retracting lifelines
- Control measures to prevent injury during training
- Practical exercises
- Workshop: risks and hazards and suspension trauma
- Emergency procedure
- PPE review
- Rescue devices and rigging set up
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Rescue exercises
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
Also available: GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling (WAH & MH) combined 2 day course
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.