This course conforms to MATS requirements and is Arqiva approved for the Gateway access scheme.
This cost effective course combination is intended for individuals who are starting out in the telecoms industry and require access to all parts of a typical tower structure and roof area. This course combines Telecom Climber, Roof and RF Hazards.
The course provides a range of skills for climbing towers and accessing flat roofs, including the use of all safety equipment and tower rescue kits.
Includes the elements of a Safe System of Work, including equipment selection and pre-use inspection, use of tools, risk assessment, method statements and emergency procedures. Evacuation and rescue are practised at height.
RF hazards introduces the new Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016.
Course costs include EUSR registration fee and EUSR Virtual Card. In order to access their virtual card, participants must download the ‘Vircarda’ app on their mobile phone (either Android or Apple). More details are available from EUSR website.
Tower Climbing Course elements covered include:
All of – syllabus TFP0 – Introduction to personal fall protection (WAHSA), plus:
- Legal, personal and medical requirements for work at height.
- Risk assessment, method statements, emergency procedures.
- Selection, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Restraint, work positioning, fall arrest systems.
- Use of ropes and knots.
- Emergency procedures.
- Roof safety hazards.
- RF hazard awareness and monitoring.
- The CEMFAW Regulation 2016.
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Safe use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Proper execution of simulated work task.
- Climbing techniques, ladder and structure.
- Climbing techniques and fall protection in exposed locations.
- Use of temporary and fixed fall protection systems.
- Use of temporary ladders.
- Competent rescue of casualty from structure.
- Ensuring safety of self and others.
- Roof top restraint systems.
- Using a commercial RF monitor.
15% equipment discount – On completion of your training course you will receive a 15% discount code off heightec equipment when ordering online.