GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) course combines all four modules from the GWO Advanced Rescue Training Standard:
- Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (HSIBR)
- Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (NTBR)
- Single Rescuer: Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (SR:HSIBR)
- Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (SR:NTBR)
The training standard has been developed in response to the demand for recognisable advanced rescue training in the wind industry. The training is based on risk assessments and factual incident and accident statistics pertaining to the installation, service and maintenance of wind turbine generators and wind power plants.
On completion of the GWO ART course participants will be able to:
- Access and rescue an injured person from the Hub and Nacelle, Tower and Basement section
- Perform entry-type injured person rescue operations in a WTG
- Use industry standard rescue equipment, rescue methods and techniques, exceeding those of GWO Working at Height training course.
The Advanced Rescue Training course includes:
- Emergency response plans
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Head support during rescue
- Packaging the injured person
- Lowering/raising rescue system
- Hub rescue exercise 1 & 2 from blade
- Hub rescue exercise 3 & 4 from spinner
- Evacuation of an injured person from the nacelle to the base of the tower
- Rescue from enclosed space
- Rescue from crawl space
- Rescue up
- Single rescuer
To attend the ART course, participants must hold a valid in-date certificate for the following GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Standard courses:
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Certificate valid for 2 years. Training should be renewed before the end of the given validity period. A certificate can be renewed up to two months prior to expiry and maintain the original certification date.
Please see GWO Advanced Rescue Training – Refresher (ARTR). The 3 day refresher course also refreshes the GWO Working at Heights (WAH) and Manual Handling (MH) certification along with the Advanced Rescues.
GWO Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- Participants must provide a WINDA ID number at time of booking. Failure to do so will delay GWO certification. Please refer to globalwindsafety.org/register.
- GWO participants are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.