GWO Fire Awareness (FAW) training course enabling participants to prevent fires, make appropriate judgements when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel and ensure all are safely accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire. If the incident is judged to be safe, the participants should be able to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment.
The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
On completion of the GWO Fire Awareness course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures
- Demonstrate correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a WTG
The BST Fire Awareness training course includes:
- Fire combustion and fire spread
- Fire extinction
- Fire prevention
- Firefighting equipment in a WTG
- Practice and scenario-based training
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
For those looking to complete training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules, heightec’s GWO BST Package provides all the the knowledge and skills required for new starters in the wind industry. Includes: GWO Sea Survival, GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling, GWO Fire Awareness and GWO First Aid.
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package is also available to refresh certification in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules.