The Wind Turbine Lifting Hoist Operations course is intended for any individual required to operate or assist in a wind turbine lifting hoist operation and covers the manual handling requirements and operation of hoists / lifting equipment commonly used.
This Wind Turbine Lifting Hoist Operations course covers the basics of what is required by law when planning and completing a lifting operation. The course concentrates on the smaller type lifting operations completed using a static / fixed type lifting hoist mounted in a wind turbine generator nacelle.
This course also provides participants with training in Manual Handling Operations.
Course elements covered include:
- The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Safe planning of a lifting operation
- Pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Working Load Limits (WLL)
- Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Manual Handling considerations
- Associated hazards applicable to Lifting Operations
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Inspection of selected items of lifting equipment
- The completion of a basic risk assessment and lifting plan
- The completion of a basic lifting operation
- Manual handling operations
Please note this course does not provide a Banksman / Slinger qualification.
Participants will be required to produce suitable valid certification prior to acceptance on this course. A TWG004 GWO Working at Height or TWG005 GWO Working at Height with Manual Handling Combined Certificate is suitable.
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
This course was previously referenced as: TTS10U