Provides sufficient knowledge to allow a person to access and work safely in onshore wind turbines.
The GWO Onshore Basic Safety Training Refresher Package revalidates skills learnt in the “Basic Training Standard” onshore courses.
The course package provides sufficient knowledge to allow participants to work safely in wind turbines. The refresher package contains the following courses run over 3 consecutive days:
- Working at Heights – use basic personal protective equipment, perform safe work at heights and safe, comprehensive basic rescue from heights
- Manual Handling combined – perform tasks and activities in the safest possibly way
- Fire Awareness – prevent fires, make appropriate judgements when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel
- First Aid – administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher – Onshore Package renews all the knowledge and skills gained in the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST): first aid, working at heights, manual handling and fire awareness and in case of an emergency, to be able to evacuate, rescue and provide appropriate first aid to casualties.
The BSTR Working at Heights with Manual Handling refresher training course includes:
- Knowledge review
- PPE review exercises
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Individual practical review exercises
- Practical exercises – group
The BST Fire Awareness training course includes:
- Fire combustion and fire spread
- Fire extinction
- Fire prevention
- Firefighting equipment in a WTG
- Practice and scenario-based training
The First Aid refresher course includes:
- Risks & hazards
- First aid guidelines
- National and global legislation
- Anatomy: the human body’s life conditions, structure, function and signs
- Use of anatomy and first aid in emergency situations
- Life saving first aid:
- Primary Survey “C”-A-B-C
- Unresponsive, not breathing
- CPR including AED
- Obstruction of airways
- Internal and external bleeding
- Secondary survey A-B-C-D-E
The course bundle will also equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of an emergency and to increase their safety through proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and procedures.
For entry onto the GWO Onshore Basic Safety Training Revalidation course package, participants must have an in date GWO certification in Working at Height, Fire Awareness, Manual Handling and First Aid.
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.