Provides sufficient knowledge to allow a person to access and work safely in onshore wind turbines.
The GWO Onshore Basic Safety Training Refresher Package revalidates skills learnt in the “Basic Training Standard” onshore courses.
The course package provides sufficient knowledge to allow participants to work safely in wind turbines. The refresher package contains the following courses run over 2.5 consecutive days:
- Working at Heights with Manual Handling – use basic personal protective equipment, perform safe work at heights and safe, comprehensive basic rescue from heights and perform tasks in the safest possibly way
- Fire Awareness – prevent fires, make appropriate judgements when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel
- First Aid – administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher – Onshore Package renews all the knowledge and skills gained in the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST): first aid, working at heights, manual handling and fire awareness and in case of an emergency, to be able to evacuate, rescue and provide appropriate first aid to casualties.
The BSTR Working at Heights with Manual Handling refresher training course includes:
- Knowledge review
- PPE review exercises
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Individual practical review exercises
- Practical exercises – group
The BST Fire Awareness training course includes:
- Fire combustion and fire spread
- Fire extinction
- Fire prevention
- Firefighting equipment in a WTG
- Practice and scenario-based training
The First Aid refresher course includes:
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid using primary survey “C”-A-B-C
- Secondary survey
- Scenario-based training
The course bundle will also equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of an emergency and to increase their safety through proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and procedures.
To attend the GWO Onshore Basic Safety Training Revalidation course package, participants must hold a valid in-date certificate for the following GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Standard courses:
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Certificate valid for 2 years. Training should be renewed before the end of the given validity period. A certificate can be renewed up to two months prior to expiry and maintain the original certification date.
GWO Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- Participants must provide a WINDA ID number at time of booking. Failure to do so will delay GWO certification. Please refer to globalwindsafety.org/register.
- GWO participants are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.